First impressions, first dinner and first date. What more could be awkward on a first date? I have experienced many first dates in my life and most the first ones were so awkward and embarrassing that by the next time I truly prepared myself and wrote down 30 questions that I may be able to ask for my date to be able to avoid that awkward silences and moments.
Here are my 30 first date questions that I have written:
- Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
- What kinds of things really make you laugh?
- What’s your favorite place in the entire world?
- Who is your best friend? What do you like about him/her?
- Favorite movie of all time? Why so?
- What’s your biggest goal in life right now?
- What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
- Do you have any pet peeves?
- What was your family like growing up?
- What were you like as a kid?
- What should I know about you that I’d never think to ask about?
- Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
- Who was your favorite schoolteacher or college professor? Why?
- Have you figured out your calling in life? What is it?
- What do you hate most about the dating process? (Tell me so I can avoid it!)
- When is your birthday?
- What is in your fridge right now?
- What are you worse at than 90 percent of the population?
- Do you believe in aliens?
- Do you think it’s the little things or grand gestures that count the most?
- What do you do for a living?
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s your ideal vacation?
- If you could live in any other U.S. city, which city would you live in?
- What was your favourite family vacation growing up?
- What was the last book you read?
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What was something that recently moved you?
- What skill or talent do you wish you had or were better at?
- If you just won $1 million, what would you do with it?
I am hoping that I was able to help you my viewers about first date awkwardness. Yes, indeed. First dates are always awkward and something all you could think of is how to be able to survive or if you are really interested on your date, you will want to make a good impression on him.
I have found out that by asking these certain questions, I can make my date interested in me because I show him that I am also interested with him. I can always say that a good conversation can really lead to a person’s interest especially in every relationship. It’s just a simple act and it might win someone’s interest you. I can guarantee that by just conversing, you will be able to survive the first date awkwardness.